Shipwaves Online Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as "us", "we", or "our") owns, operates and maintains the website-www.shipwaves.com and is aware of its responsibilities to protect the privacy and confidentiality of its user’s/customer’s (hereinafter referred to as "you" or “your”) data subject to the reasonable and lawful requirements of trade and business.
By using the Site, you are deemed to have read, understood and expressly consented to the terms of this policy and unconditionally, without reservations or limitations agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
This policy and the terms stated herein are applicable to all the persons, whether in their individual capacity or acting on behalf of their principal or employer organization, company, firm or any legal entity across the globe.
The word information shall mean and include data that may be associated with it. Your usage of the website entitles us to collect information that may be solicitated or submitted or divulged during such usage. The information we collect and store may be classified into: ‘personal information’ and ‘other information’.
Personal Information: Personal information is collected and stored for the purpose of identifying and contacting you. The personal information shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Your name
- Your organization or principal’s name
- Your designation or job role in your organization
- Proof of your authority to represent your organization
- Your mobile and landline number
- Your email id
- Your postal address
- Your identity proof such as adhaar card, passport and pan card
- Alternate contact details of your colleague, partners or persons involved in the transaction with us
- Postal address of the registered office or the head office of your organization
- Your past history on the website
- Any other information that you may provide while using the website or transacting with us.
Other information: Other information is used for the technical and transactional purpose and the same shall include all the information provided by or procured from you that is not included under the ‘personal information’ head. It shall include the following:
- Technical details: Information about your IP address and the browser you're using. We might look at what site you came from, duration of time spent on our website, pages accessed or what site you visit when you leave us. We might also collect the type of mobile device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running.
- Transactional details: the details of shipment that you wish to make and such other details pertaining to shipment as may be required by applicable law or industrial practices.
Mode of Information Collection
- Active Collection: We collect information directly from you. We collect information directly from you when you transact through our website. We also collect information if you post a comment on our websites or ask us a question through phone or email.
- Passive Collection: We collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, browser cookies and web beacons for collecting information about your usage of our website.
- Third Party Websites/platforms: We may collect your information from third party websites and social medias for the purpose of our business, unless expressly barred by you or such third party website/social media.
Use of Information
Your information as stored in our database shall be put to following usage:
- Contact: We use the information to contact you: We might use the information you provide to contact you for confirmation of a transaction on our website or to communicate changes to our terms or for other promotional purposes.
- Respond: We use information to respond to your requests or questions.
- Transactional/business: We use the information to send you transactional communications. We might send you emails or SMS about your transaction on our website. We may share your information with third party service providers for the purpose of effective completion of intended transaction as per industrial requirements
- Customisation: We use the information to improve our services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. This could include displaying content based upon your preferences.
- Improvisation: We use the information to look at site trends and customer interests. We may use your information to make our website and products better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- Security: We use the information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
- Marketing: We use the information for marketing purposes. We might send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products. These might be our own offers or products, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- Internal study: We use the information for our internal surveys, research, study and analysis.
Sharing of information with third-parties
- We will share the information with third parties who perform services for you, as is required to complete the transactions, you book with us.
- We will share the information with our agents, affiliates, business partners, bakers, our expert teams for optimisation of your transaction and experience with us in specific and for betterment of our business in general.
- The information shared with the any third party shall carry adequate security and safety to ensure protection/confidentiality of such information and adherence with the terms of this policy.
- We may share the information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. We will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
- We may the share information with any successor to all or part of our business.
- We may the share your information for reasons not described in this policy with prior consent from your side
- Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- We use "cookies" to collect information. We may store temporary or permanent cookies on your computer. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Links to Sites
- This website may contain links to third party website in order to facilitate the booking of various services or to enable you to make an informed choice. The third party links will include payment gateways of various banks, enabling the you to effect online payment for booking of the services. The date relating to your credit/debit card or net banking may be stored for future reference or future payments with your consent.
- Link to any website, owned by us will be deemed to be a supplement to this Website and the terms contained in this agreement shall apply on use of such websites, pari pasu.
Links from Sites
This website may be used to promote products of other companies and accordingly links to third party sites as advertisement may appear on this website. We take no responsibility for authenticity of such advertised products or services and do not endorse the same to you. You shall at your independent will, ascertain the utility and authenticity of such advertised products and services. We further disclaim the technical safety of such third-party links and any malicious malware found or breach of privacy by third party links shall not be attributed to us.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and to ensure the same, we strive to adopt such measures, procedures and acts that protects your data from being divulged to unauthorised access or unauthorised alteration and use to this website. For this purpose, we adopt such security features and measures as are mandated by law and as are reasonable required.
- You hereby acknowledge the measures security measures adopted by us and waive any claim under any contract or tort for breach of privacy, if any, unless such breach is results of acts or omissions directly attributable to us or our agents.
- We shall not be responsible for any breach of privacy that results from an events that is beyond our reasonable control, which inter alia includes but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes or labour disputes, embargoes, government orders, computer hacking, unauthorized access, electricity failure, breach of our security system or any other force majeure event.
- In the event, we share your information with any third-party for the purposes mentioned in this agreement, the same shall be under the confidentiality agreement executed with such parties, effectively protecting your data. In the event of breach of privacy by such third parties, we shall not be liable for any damages or legal action and the same shall solely lie against such third parties.